- Use your textbook and workbooks to review and learn definitions for the key types of reliability and validity involved in clinical diagnosis
- Using the video, presentation, and textbook create an evidence based table of strengths/weaknesses of reliability/validity (do outside the workbook first so you can make clean notes later for revision):
Validity and Reliability of Diagnosis (Presentation)
- Once you have a clear idea of the main A01 and A03 make structured notes into your workbook. You will need:
- Description (A01)
- Evaluation (A03) – GRAVE-C – link each A03 to a piece of A01
- Judgements – overall, based on the evidence, what appear to be the conclusions?
- Create flash cards for the validity and reliability of diagnosis
- Make sure you are ready to discuss the issues raised in this topic in class!
- Create an essay plan for the 20 mark question below
- Assess whether diagnosis of mental illness has validity and reliability . (20)
See the 20 mark evaluate mark guidance from Edexcel: