Symptoms and Features
- Explore the symptoms and features – and make structured notes into your workbooks. Some excellent links for these include:
- Watch/read the video and blog to understand the disorder from a client viewpoint:
Typical Exam Questions
You will have a studied a disorder other than schizophrenia.
- Describe the main features of this disorder. (4)
- Outline the main symptoms of this disorder. (4)
Biological explanations and treatments
You need to know one biological explanation for depression. You should also learn about another in order to contrast it.
The Role of Neurotransmitters (monoamine hypothesis)
- Read through:
- Use your textbook, and the resources above to make clear A01/A03 notes on the monoamine hypothesis into your workbooks.
- Create a presentation about one of these therapies: SSRI, SNRI, Tricyclic, MAOI:
- What they do/how they work
- Side effects (common, less common) and other issues (e.g. addiction)
- When they are prescribed/for whom
- Extension – find out about the genetic explanation:
Psychological explanation and treatment
- Watch (the first ten minutes of – or the whole thing if you get into it!):
- Read through the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and General CBT Assumptions on Simply Psychology